The Office of Community Relations works to strengthen the connection between the University and our community through intentional and meaningful partnerships with key cultural, educational, social and civic organizations; coordinating targeted outreach initiatives and projects that encourage faculty and staff to support our community by using their time and talents; and creating a space for thought-provoking conversations by planning and hosting civic engagement events including the Civic Speakers Series, New Faculty and Staff Community Tour and various community panels.
- Build, maintain and enrich relationships with community partners, organizations, nonprofits, school districts and other stakeholders to ensure UNC Charlotte continues to be a good neighbor
- Collaborate with UNC Charlotte campus partners that are working to develop community outreach strategies or seeking to enhance existing community partnerships
- Connect UNC Charlotte experts to our community, leveraging their knowledge, talents and insight
- Partner with Academic Affairs on building a purposeful and sustainable Civic Action Plan for the University
- Reimagine the employee volunteer program, creating a dynamic and innovative approach that will encourage employees to use and record their annual service leave benefit